Bali Getaway - Part 1

[Bali]

In Frozen, Disney's phenomenal film there's a song titled: Let it go, there is a phrase that said "It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small". Maybe it was the right phrase to describe my feeling back then. That's why I took another flight to Bali Last Sunday 'til Tuesday.

[Ruined]

So I packed my 3 days worth of clothes and other holiday essentials. I started planning and looking for my short vacation. There was some place I wanted to visit like Balangan Beach and La Joya Biu-Biu. My senior in my university told me that I should try La Joya Biu-Biu's Spa and she said it's not so pricey. 

Too bad, I couldn't visit the places that I listed before but let me show you some places that I had visited yesterday!

Babi Guling Chandra
Jl. Teuku Umar, Denpasar Bar, 
Kota Denpasar, Bali 80113

[Babi Guling Chandra]

My first stop in Bali was Babi Guling ( suckling pig ) by Bu Chandra. This place has always been my favourite place to stop, eat and enjoy this traditional Bali cuisine. Suckling pig is basically a full plate of side dish made of pork, crispy pig's skin, lilit satay ( tradisional balinese fish satay ), sweet pork satay and lawar ( another traditional balinese vegetable ).

Babi Guling Bundaran Renon
Jalan Raya Puputan No. 212 (Renon), 
DenpasarBali 80226, Indonesia

[Babi Guling Bundaran Renon]

This is another recommended Babi Guling restaurant that you guys must try. Yeapp maybe you're not familiar with the name but their oh so rich of flavours soup, the spiciness of the seasoned lawar, and their savoury pork will guarantee you to have another foodgasm here.

Pixelatte Cafe
Jl. Tukad Musi 1 no. 9A, 
Renon, Denpasar, Bali

[Pannacotta] 

A new spot is on the town! Located on the heart of Bali, Denpasar.  There is a new cafe named Pixelatte. I don't know why they used "Pixelatte" as their name but I thought maybe it's because of the concept of their cafe with all that glasses and grey building, especially their unfinished bricks wall that looks like pixel and they sold latte, pixel and latte, got it? lol nahhh I'm just kidding. It's just a name, no one gives a damn about it!

[Pixel bricks wall lol]

After all, the place was so great, love the ambience, I really love grey space and their vibes is killin' me but what I was really disappointed about was their food, latte and even their desserts was so ordinary and some were so bad. The only good thing they have is the place. Bitch please! if the owner of this cafe saw this, you guys better do something about the food. Imho! Anyway, if you're looking for a spot for a good photo, you better check this place out.

Two Brothers Ribs
Denpasar, Bali

[Two brothers ribs]

Bored with cafe and restaurant? Check this place out! Two Brothers Ribs is a food stall that's located on the sideway. Using a conventional tent, they sold a nice and warm pork ribs. This place offered a pork ribs set only for IDR 30.000,00 and you got a plate of rice, vegetables, salad and also a spicy and sour pork ribs. Despite their cheap price, their food was great, even though their pork was a lil' bit smelly but the sauce is amazingggg! 

4 comments

  1. The Babi Guling and Pork Ribs look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like going from Jakarta to Bali for you is like going from Jakarta to Bandung XD
    oh how I wish I can go there too

    cheers,
    filicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love your post. Do you have any info about the Price Massage at la Joya Biu Biu? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, yeahh, my senior told me that she had been there, it was about IDR 50.000 / 30 mins, but after a while ago I check from the review, it's about IDR 250.000 lol so that's why I didn't come to there

    ReplyDelete